5 Common E Cigarette Problems (And How To Fix Them)
Sometimes e cigarettes can have a few teething problems. Don't panic though! At Grey Haze, we have seen them all. Here are the top 5 most common e cigarette problems and how to fix them. You can thank us later!
You aren't getting enough vapour:
The number one complaint that we hear about e cigarettes is that customers feel they don't get much vapour from their e cigarette. If you are using a cheap e cigarette such as an E Lite then that would be your problem. If you are using a decent set up, like one of our starter kits then there may be other issues.
There are two different fixes for this:
- Buy a different e liquid that has a different formula. The way different e liquids are blended mean that their formulas can varying. Some will produce more vapour than other.
- Check your batteries. A lack lustre battery can be all it takes to create disappointing vapour. Make sure that it is charged up properly, if it is, then it may be time to buy a replacement.
Burnt taste and smell:
Sometimes e cigarettes can give off a burnt taste or smell. Not what you want when your expecting glorious, fruity vapour instead!
There are a couple of reasons (and easy fixes for this!)
- Refill your e liquid first. You may have run your tank dry and that is why you are getting the burning smell.
- If you have already filled your tank then you need to make sure you do not vape straight away after a refill. Let the clearomiser sit for at least five minutes so that the juice has chance to sock into the wick.
- Your coil may need replacing too. The coil actually needs replacing about once a month. It can be something that many e cigarette users overlook.
Clearomiser is leaking:
The only reason a clearomiser would leak (apart from it being faulty) is because it has not been fitted properly. The best way to fit your clearomiser is to give it a half turn anti-clockwise till you hear a click, then screw it on clockwise till it is firmly attached. This avoids mis-threading the clearomiser.
Battery is not working:
Batteries can be one of the harder problems to solve. Take these steps to ensure your battery is working properly.
- Some batteries actually turn on and off. Make sure to click it 6 times to make sure it is turned on.
- The connection might not be working properly. Ensure that the battery terminal and end of your clearomiser are cleaned.
When vaping, you might find there is a worry gurgling noise coming from the device. There are a couple of mistakes that usually cause this:
- The clearomiser is not threaded on properly.
- You have overfilled your tank with e liquid. Make sure to empty some out as soon as possible.
- The clearomiser is screwed on to the battery too loosely or too tightly.