Many of you are having issues setting up the K1, I have made this post as a guide to set it up. The K1 RBA as it comes out the box has a few issues however with slight tweaking it can work fantastically. Below is a guide on how to set up your K1.
Setting up your K1 the following way will stop any leaking issues also will give you plenty of air flow! If you are having air flow issues or leaking your RBA has not been correctly configured.
- The pin the delrin cup sits on is floating so can be pushed in, Push it in pressing it against the desk so the the 510 pin sticks out.
- Then unscrew the 510 pin on the adaptor piece (which screws in to your mod) and pull the pins out removing both rubber grommets. Trim the end of the top grommet and replace it around the top pin. (see picture) The bottom pin should have no grommet.
- Put the pins back in but do not screw them in all the way just a few turns. This way the pin moves up and down like the killer 705 when turned about.
- Screw the adapter piece in to the main (the one the delrin cup sits on) piece. Doing this will push the pin the cup sits on up the exact amount (You will notice the 510 connector on the adapter piece sticking out IGNORE THIS). Unscrew it again and make your wick and coil, attach to the cup as with the killer and place on the pin, screw in the top tube on and place it in the tank, pushing it all the way down so the air holes are completely covered by the base of the tank.
- You can now reattach the adapter piece screwing it in all the way through the bottom of the tank, ensure the juice control is closed. You will notice the 510 connector on the adapter sticking out quite a way you can now screw it in the rest of the way, adjusting according to the depth of the connector on your mod (see pictures)
- The juice control wont cause you to loose connection as long as the whole unit is screwed in to your mod tightly this will push all the pins up and maintain contact.
- If your juice is thin and you risk flooding the device simply push the tank up until it hits the wide piece this will shut the juice control off quickly with out having to turn anything.
- When filling your tank, push the tank up closing the juice control completely to avoid flooding.
- You can now take the unit apart as you please, but remember to loosen the 510 pins before putting it back together for optimal connectivity and re tighten when screwed in.
- If when you fire nothing happens, adjust the pins, you may have screwed or pushed them in to far, or simply not screwed it in to the mod far enough, the idea is to get all the pins to be pushed up, if they are all pushed up you will get connectivity, if they are too loose you will have no connectivity or intermittent connectivity and leaking.
These steps should ensure the K1 is working fine, once you have done it, it will seems easier than reading it here! All future orders will have the rubber grommets removed and trimmed and 510 pins loosened so all you have to do is tighten them the right amount. The above is for customers who have purchased the unit with the rubber grommets in place. I would recommend future customers to also read and go through the steps to ensure they know the K1 properly!
WARNING: IF YOU DECIDE TO REMOVE THE RUBBER GROMMETS INSURE THE CENTER PIN IS NOT IN CONTACT WITH THE NEGATIVE BODY OF THE K1 THIS WILL CAUSE A SHORT, BEFORE SCREWING THE K1 IN TO YOUR MOD ENSURE YOU PROPERLY CENTER THE PIN! THE TRIMMED GROMMET IS PUT BACK TO ENSURE THE PIN STAYS CENTERED, THE BOTTOM GROMMET THE ONE CAUSING THE AIRFLOW BLOCKAGE.