It has been said that vaping and the development of e-cigarettes could see the demise of smoking ordinary cigarettes, due to its growing culture and being recognised as a healthier alternative to smoking tobacco. It has been estimated that e-cigarettes are around 95% less harmful and could even mean that their future lies in the medicinal world, as an alternative to anti-smoking products and treatments such as patches, gums and lozenges.
Around 100,000 people who live in the UK die each year from smoking - but recent figures indicate that smoking tobacco is now at its lowest since records began in the 1940s.The government’s chief medical officer, Dame Sally Davies says: “I want to see these products coming to the market as licensed medicines. This would provide assurance on the safety, quality and efficacy to consumers who want to use these products as quitting aids”. One study also found that around 2.6 million UK adults who now use e-cigarettes are current or former conventional smokers - evidencing that most are using the electronic devices to help them quit or prevent them from reusing traditional cigarettes.
The chemicals that are found in traditional cigarettes are extremely harmful and can cause a number of toxic induced illnesses including kidney failure, lung cancer, raised blood pressure, decreased heart and muscle function and brain damage etc. Whereas the chemicals used in e-cig devices include nicotine - the addictive substance used in ordinary cigarettes - and Propylene glycol and Vegetable glycerol which both have low toxicity.
There is also a very fun, fast developing culture expanding under the vape community: bloggers, vloggers, YouTubers and fanatics are creating a lifestyle of meet ups, events, conferences, expos, video tutorials and Q&As, blogs and online stores dedicated solely to the reviews and distribution of e-technology goods and some of the regular YouTubers are getting famous from it! Discussions are opening up globally about the benefits and positive attributes of turning to e-cigarettes and vaping stars have even developed ‘tricks’ to show off their cloud-blowing skills.
10 Reasons to choose Vaping over Smoking
- Tobacco can cause a horrific smell that lingers on your breath, on your clothes and in your hair. Vaping e-liquids usually involves pleasant flavours and scents from the vastly flavoured e-juices!
- Smoking ordinary tobacco cigarettes not only effects you, but the people you smoke around. When you exhale the harmful chemicals, the people stood in your vicinity will also inhale the secondhand smoke, causing damage to their own lungs and bodies.
- Vaping allows you to pick from an extensive range of delicious, quirky and funky flavours to suit your personal tastes! There are even serving suggestions matching different types of beer to the complimentary tastes of different e-juices, or trying sweet flavours with your after-meal deserts etc. There is a whole new culinary world developing out there!
- The vaping devices themselves can be customised, personalised and swapped/changed/updated whenever you like! Designer kits are going to be a massive hit in time to come, with mods ranging from slick e-lite pens all the way to massively modified box mods which can come as decorative as a phone case!
- E-cigarettes produce less carcinogens than tobacco cigarettes which contain between 4,000 and 7,000 different, harmful chemicals!
- As previously mentioned, vaping can help eradicate the use of tobacco cigarettes - so may prove useful if you’re trying to quit smoking effectively.
- E-cigarettes provide the same sensation to smoking - it is an accurate simulation for those with nicotine habits. However, vaping is more socially acceptable and can generally be used inside.
- Cigarettes can stain teeth, nails, dry your hair, cause chest infections etc. They can cause aged or poor skin conditions and so put a damper on your appearance! Vaping is much less effective on your exterior.
- There is a lot of learning and reading available out there on the net, but there is so much more to come! It is a brilliant time to join the industry as it enhances its products, developers, brands and information. Join forums, discussions, events and expos to really delve deeper and network with other vapers!
- To help you quit nicotine products all together, you can use e-cigarettes to gradually reduce the amount of nicotine you are inhaling into your body. They can be your little guide to becoming a healthier you!